Definition of claiming
In order to be able to install applications through the Device Management Portal, the camera has to be connected to the Security and Safety Things cloud. That process is called claiming.
Prerequisites for connecting the camera to the cloud
- You have an account on our Device Management Portal
- Cameras have a non-restricted access to the Internet
- Your camera has a valid certificate. Please verify this by accessing the camera using a web browser and go to Camera info page. Then check if a Device ID is present (in a form of a 12-character number):
- Your camera has a proper date/time set. This can be verified and set on the Date & time page on the camera's front end.
Next step in connecting the camera to the Device Management Portal is going to the Cloud connection option on camera's front end and:
- Enable "cloud based device management" option
- Click on "CLAIM DEVICE"
A new window will appear with the Device ID, device secret and a CLAIM NOW button. Clicking the CLAIM NOW button will redirect you to the Device Management Portal page where you can enter some additional information regarding this camera:
- Camera name
- Location name
- Street address (optional)