Definition of an offline environment
Many video-surveillance systems are in an offline environment - the cameras do not have any kind of access to the public Internet network and/or are in a restricted VPN network environment.
In such environments, applications are installed through the Device Management Tool (DMT) provided by Security & Safety Things. Please download the latest version from: https://devices.securityandsafetythings.com/tooldownload
Offline application installation
The offline application installation is a 4 steps process
- Purchase the application(s) via the S&ST Application Store that you would like to install, trial or one-time/subscription
- Connect a PC which is running DMT to the cameras network
- Select the desired camera(s) and initiate the application installation
- While DMT is still running, disconnect the PC from the camera network and connect it to a network that can reach the S&ST Application Store
- Select the application(s) to be installed onto the camera(s)
- While DMT is still running, reconnect the PC to the camera network
- Wait for DMT to install the application(s) onto the desired camera(s)
- a PC with access to the camera network and the internet, one after the other
- the latest version of DMT
- an available application license (trial or one-time/subscription)
Step by step
First, connect your PC to the camera network and open the DMT. Please do not close the DMT throughout the installation procedure.
Once started, the DMT begins with camera discovery. The discovery process runs for 30 seconds.
Note: If your camera is not listed as discovered, please run the discovery again by pressing the REFRESH button.
Once discovered, select the desired camera(s) and click on the INSTALL APPS button.
If you haven't already logged into the camera with DMT, a pop-up will appear asking you to enter the camera credentials:
After a successful login into the camera, you will need to move your PC to a network with Internet access and login with DMT to Security & Safety Things cloud:
A browser window will be opened and redirect you to the S&ST cloud login page. After a successful login, select the application(s) you wish to install and click CONTINUE.
The application(s) will be downloaded to the local app vault.
Click the CONTINUE button after the download is complete.
Now connect your PC back to the camera network and click the CONTINUE button.
The application(s) will be installed on the selected camera(s).
After one more CONTINUE you will be sent to the default DMT screen with a list of cameras. When you click on your camera(s) you should see the installed application(s) on the right hand side on the APPS tab.