Definition of an online environment
In order to install applications through our Device Management Portal, the following pre-requisites have to be fulfilled:
- The camera has to have access to the open internet - please check the following KB article
- The camera has to be claimed to our Device Management Portal (see instructions: 3. Claiming cameras)
Online application installation
Application installation is done in the Device management Portal (DMP). It can be performed on a single camera or in a bulk - multiple cameras.
Single camera application installation:
- find the camera to which you wish to install the application:
- on the right hand side select the Apps camera property and click on +Install App
- select the application you wish to install, select whether it's a trial or full license and click on Install button
- A pop-up screen will show up to inform you that the installation has been successfully started.
- After a few moments the application will be installed on your camera.
Bulk camera application installation:
- select the cameras to which you want to install the application by clicking on the checkbox on the left hand side next to the Client entry
- click on Install app button
- select the application you wish to install and click on Install button
NOTE: Before performing a bulk install, please make sure that you have a sufficient amount of licenses for applications being installed.